Community Improvement Council, Inc.
Through staff development, parental involvement, dedication, and collaboration with other agencies, the Community Improvement Council, Inc. will leave no income eligible child/family or child with a disability, unserved, in our community.
Eligibility for Head Start is based upon Federal income guidelines and age requirement. Children with disabilities are intergrated into the Head Start program.
CIC is an equal opportunity employer.
Would you like to get involved but don’t know how? Let us show you how easy it can be. Program volunteers read to children, play educational games, assist with classroom activities, field trips, and various projects.
CIC’s success is due in part to it’s many supporters such as:
- Averett University
- Danville City Government
- Danville Community College
- Danville Social Service
- Danville Public School
- Smart Beginnings
- Strategic Therapy Associates
- Womack Foundation
- And many others
The Community Improvement Council, Inc. Head Start is to provide a flexible comprehensive quality service to income eligible children and children with disabilities in their early stages of development and their families, through training and educational programs which will enhance their fullest potential for reaching future goals.
- Tara Martin, Executive/Head Start Director,
- Theresea Cobbs, Office Manager/Program Monitor,
- India Robertson, Finance/HR Director,
- Elizabeth Adams, Finance/Human Resource Assistant,
- Taylor Naff, Data Collection and Compliance Manager,
HEALTH & SAFETY:
Family Service Technicians:
- Sharon Stokes, Food Service Manager, s
- Frances Gore, Food Service Cook,
- Annie Waldren, Food Service Aide, a
- Class 1 – Ms. Frances Carter, Teacher,
- Class 2 – Ms. Jessica Hockett-Gregory, Teacher,
- Class 3 – Mrs. Amanda Barksdale, Teacher,
- Class 4 – Ms. Amanda Reaves, Teacher,
- Class 5 – TBA, Teacher,
- Class 6 – Mrs. Jacqueline Hubbard, Teacher,
- Class 7 – Mrs. Edith Petty, Teacher,
- Class 8 – Amanda Howell, Teacher,
- Class 9 – Mrs. Carol McLaughlin, Teacher,
- Class 10 – Ms. Pamela Swanson, Teacher,
- Class 11 – Mrs. Dorita Terry, Teacher,
- Class 12 – Mrs. Candace Turner, Teacher,