2016 - 2017 Head Start Recruitment
Accepting Applications for Income Eligible 3 & 4 Year Olds
Ending March 31, 2016
Mass recruitment for the 2016-2017 school year will begin for four year olds from January 19, 2016 until March 31, 2016. Applications will be taken for three and four-year old children. Preference will be given to children who will be four years old by September 30, 2016 and children with disabilities such as: mentally challenged, deafness, blindness and severe speech and language difficulties.
Applications for children who will be three years and six months old by July 31st, 2016 will also be taken during this time.
****THE CHILD MUST BE THREE YEARS OF AGE WHEN YOU APPLY.****
Transportation will be provided to all children enrolled in the Head Start Program.
Full Day services will be available to all children Monday-Thursday.
Please provide the following information when registering your child/children:
- Child’s Proof of Identity (birth certificate or proof of birth letter from the hospital)
- Child’s Social Security Card
- Child’s Immunization (Shot) Record
- 2016 Proof of Income (Parent’s recent check stubs (3), Social Security Benefits Verification, Child Support Verification, Unemployment Benefit Verification, TANF, 1040 Tax Form 2015)
- Medicaid or Insurance Card
- Food Stamp Card
- Parent’s Identification Card
- WIC Identification Card/Number
Applications will be taken by the Family Services Staff at the following location:
Westmorland Head Start Center
540 Holbrook Street, Danville, VA – Monday-Thursday – 8:30 A.M. Until 3:30 P.M.
CONTACT: Ms. Nadine Colman/Family Service Manager at 434-793-5710, ext. 304, to schedule an appointment.